For fans of both YouTube and Roku, it’s finally happened! YouTube TV is available on Roku with a live subscription package. Activate the channel with the help of tv.youtube.com/setup and gain access to the latest videos and a broadcast of at least 50 channels (inclusive of local content) on to your TV.
For the first time, YouTube is now partnered with Major League Soccer LA Football club in a new bid to bring the best of sports programming to the channel. In 2018, YouTube gains exclusive broadcast rights for the local LA market.
Other YouTube TV features include an access to unlimited cloud DVR through the ‘Library’ menu where you can view already-recorded shows. Personalize your recommendations from the ‘Home’ tab or get a full programming guide from the ‘Live’ tab.
YouTube TV allows subscribers to create at least 6 different individual profiles upon subscription. Each of the members gets their own login.
- YouTube focusses on broadcasting live rather than launching nationwide streams and then adding on to other networks. Instead, it concentrates on its stronger market areas so that subscribers can get access to both popular channels such as ESPN, FX, Telemundo, etc., as well as major channels in the region.
- Adding premium networks such as Sundance Now, Fox Soccer Plus and Showtime is not a problem at all but definitely attracts additional charges.
- Users can take complete advantage of the background play feature too.
Subscription and payment
Costing just about $35 per month, users get to watch the local and national news, television shows and a range of sports events on YouTube TV. The channel offers a one-month trial, after which you can subscribe to it.
Adding the channel to Roku
With YouTube TV, users can record unlimited number of media. Play real-time content from ‘Live’ tab or seek recommendations based on your viewing habits. The channel is perfectly designed to suit every Roku device. Add this channel to your player by first creating a Roku account and activating the channel.
Create an Account
- Go to Roku’s website and click on the ‘My Account’ button in the top right corner
- If you already have an account, just fill in the form with your credentials
- Alternatively, click on the ‘Create Account’ button
- Enter your ‘First Name’, ‘Last Name’, ‘Email’, ‘Verify Email’, ‘Password’ and ‘Verify Password’
- It is always better to check the ‘Email me product tips, the latest releases, hot new channels and customer-exclusive discounts. (I can always opt out later.)’ option too
- This will keep giving you regular information about any updates pertaining to product and channels
- Finally, check the ‘I am not a robot’ checkbox and click on ‘Continue’
- The progress button will then take you to the ‘Provide Payment Information’ screen where you provide your ‘Payment Method’ and your ‘Billing address information’.
- Once completed check on the ‘I am not a robot’ box once again and click on ‘Save and Continue’
- There are three options you can choose from here
- Check on either one of them and then click on ‘Continue’
Add YouTube TV to Roku
- Turn the device on and from the ‘Home’ screen look for YouTube TV among all the other streaming channels.
- If you don’t find it, click on the ‘Search Channel’ field and enter the name of the channel.
- When the selection pops-up, click on it and proceed with the guided instructions that you can see.
Channel download usually takes some time. But if you are unable to get around it, call 1-866-734-9720 and our agents can help you.
The services and information provided on the website youtubetvcom.com is that of an independent website and it is no way affiliated to the YouTube service. The data and any other info provide is only for support purposes and the misuse of the same can be a punishable offense.